Workings is supported using public funding by Arts Council England through a Developing Your Creative Practice award.
I have been building and extending my practice through an extended period of reflection and critical understanding with mentoring support from:
• Gareth Bell-Jones, Flat Time House/Incidental Unit (APG)
• Catherine Herbert, Cement Fields/ Whitstable Biennale.
• Benjamin Cook, Director, LUX (Critical review of artist moving image work)
• Professor Joy Sleeman, writer & academic (Contextualisation of work in relation to land art & video work of Nancy Holt & Robert Smithson)
• Marine Costello, Parker Harris (Developing digital presence and strategy)
• Dr Jon Blackwood, Reader & Research Lead, Research Degrees Co-Ordinator, Gray’s School of Art, Robert Gordon University.
Jon Blackwood has written a thoughtful essay on my work entitled:
Class, Character and Empathy: The Films of Amanda Loomes.
Please click on the ‘Writing’ link below to download the essay.